Support the Student Loan Forgiveness Act of 2012
Pre-Dental Students Support the Student Loan Forgiveness Act of 2012!
With the rising cost of tuition of dental schools students are burdened with the debt that is required to pay for these loans. The interest rates on these loans are up to 8%. America has turned its back on their future and students need to stand up for what is right and take control of their future. Students need to support politicians who are working to fix the student loan and tuition crisis in America. We need to support legislation aimed at reducing the burden on students and HR 4170 takes a step in the right direction. Here are some of the highlights of this bill.
Highlights of HR 4170 The Student Loan Forgiveness Act
- Caps Student Loan Interest Rates at 3.4%
- Reduces fees paid by students on loans
- Payments for 10 years of 10% of your discretionary income allows NEW borrowers to receive a loan forgiveness of $45,520.
- No limits on maximum forgiveness for borrowers currently in repayment or in school!
- Covers Private Student Loans
- Forgiven debt NOT treated as taxable income
- If you have already paid 10% of your discretionary income for 10 years your student loan debt is forgiven!
- Parent Plus Loans Also Qualify.
Now your probably thinking, “This bill sounds great but how can we get it passed?”. Well to answer your question all you have to do is go to:
At this site you can sign petitions to ask your representatives of congress to pass this bill. You can e-mail just your congressman or e-mail them all! This website shows you how its done! Many congressman have already signed on as supporters to this bill and with your help we can get more! Please go to the website above and stand up for your future by telling your representative to support this bill!
Remember we need EVERYONE’S support to help make a difference!