After many months of work I have created some Dental Admission Test (DAT) Flashcards for the Biology Section of the DAT. These flashcards were made by utilizing the Kaplan DAT 2009-2010 Edition (Kaplan Dat (Dental Admission Test)). I went through each chapter of the Biology Section & General Chemistry Section in the DAT Kaplan Blue Book and created flashcards for key terms, ideas, and concepts,and the flashcards are organized by chapter. I used the program called Cue Card to make these Flashcards which is available open source and free for personal use (Link in the Installation Section). I am working on the General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Math Sections and hope to have flashcards completed for those sections as well. This page will show you how to use the cuecard program, and give the link for the flashcards. Using this program you can add flashcards, if anyone would like to add even more flashcards using the DAT Kaplan Blue Book they are welcome to. Just send the updated version of the flashcards to [email protected] and I will post them on this site.
1. Download Cuecard from this website http://download.cnet.com/CueCard/3000-2051_4-10075304.html and install the program on your computer, this program allows you to view the flashcards you will download in the next step.
2. Download the Dental Admissions Test Flashcards here: https://predds.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/DAT.zip
3. Right Click on the folder you downloaded in step 2 and click extract all to unzip the .zip file of the flashcards. Select the destination were you want to extract the file on your hardrive, anywhere will do, this step is important or the flashcards won’t work!
4. Double-Click on the biology or general chemistry folder you extracted and now you have a list of all the biology & general chemistry section flashcards, ordered by chapter.
In this section of the tutorial I will show you the most effective way to use your flashcards. Remember these flashcards were created by using the DAT Kaplan Blue Book 2009-2010 edition. What I have found as the best way to remember the information is to read the chapter in the DAT Kaplan Blue Book, take notes and memorize those notes, then test myself with the flashcards to see how much information I retained, and what areas I need to work on.
1. Open the Biology folder you downloaded and extracted, you should see the contents of the folder images in the folder are images used for the flashcards, the actual flashcards themselves are ordered by chapter and section. 1-Biology- The basis of life is the set of flashcards for the first chapter of the DAT Kaplan Blue Book called The basis of life. Likewise 2-Biology-Reproduction is the set of flashcards for the second chapter of the DAT Kaplan Blue Book called Reproduction.
2. Double Click on one sets of the flashcards to open the Flashcard set and the Cuecard Program. I am double clicking on 8-Biology-Respiration. Your window should look like the one below:
4. Under Options make sure Keep Score and Shuffle Cards have a check mark by them.
5. Now click study and try out the program, you are given the question mentally think about the answer then click show answer.
6. Then click on correct or incorrect depending if you guessed the right answer or not.
7. Repeat this step for each question once you have completed the questions you will be shown a screen that shows your scores like the one shown below:
9. Now that you have the flashcards organized by score you can delete the cards you know by highlighting the card and pressing delete on your keyboard, then click on study and you can go through the flashcards again without the ones you deleted.
10. Once you exit the program you will be prompted to save changes DO NOT SAVE CHANGES, or you will lose the flashcards you have deleted.
This is the end of the tutorial, good luck on your Dental Admissions Test (DAT)!
On a windows computer
1. First you must have ANKI Flashcard program download it here.
2. Open the flashcard group you wish to send to ANKI, and go to file and click export.
3. Change the file type to a .txt file, then save the flashcards.
4. E-mail the file to yourself.
On mac computer
1. Import the file using ANKI.They should work good luck!
Below are some general Biology/Chemistry flashcards that I have made over my years of taking undergraduate science classes. They should help you in studying for the Dental Admissions Test (DAT). However these flashcards are a little unorganized, and they are unedited, meaning there are some spelling errors and grammar errors. If anyone would like to go through and edit these flashcards please e-mail me the edited copy and I will add them to this site, my e-mail is [email protected]